Friday, June 10, 2011

College Finals.

Semester B Finals. The final examination for college, and my last week in it.

Papers will be reviewed from my own account from 0 (WTF?) to 10 (Masterful) for you to get a better understanding of how well I thought the papers were (based mostly on length, time allocation, question variation, experience), not how simply by how easy it was.

Also, do note that I'm no professional examination reviewer (is there such a thing?) and expect different opinions from others who sat for the exam.

LAST UPDATE: June 10, 2011 4:55PM

Subjects:
Biology B
Physics B
Chemistry B
General Mathematics B
English Language B

• Week 1:
- Day 1 (Monday): English Language & Biology B- The English paper was a good one, I reckon. The comprehension analysis had us reading this article on the positive points video-gamers possessed and it was a breeze. Question: "In which video-game does Azeroth lie?" Biology was challenging, but it was entirely doable. There were however a few questions that we've never seen before but it was nothing we couldn't handle. (+9, +7.5)
- Day 2 (Tuesday): General Mathematics B - The math paper only had 8 pages and 7 questions but no one left until the end. It wasn't that it was hard, just filled with number crunching and values. I wasted most of my time checking and checking the Chi Square Test which gave a ridiculous value. Fortunately the rest were doing just about the same thing too. There was a statistic question that was intensely long. Imagine, all values correct to 3 decimal places. I've never seen the end of my calculator's queue in an exam before. So long, in fact, I'm glad I'm not actually typing all of this out in numerical form. (+8.5)
- Day 3 (Thursday): Physics B - The paper was surprisingly short, with only 7 questions across 8 pages (not including the formulae page). I'd say the paper was doable, being surprisingly easy, but because of the wide range of topics it covered it was unfortunate for only a small portion of them to come out. Still, I'm not complaining! (+7.5)
- Day 4 (Friday): Chemistry B - A great paper, but there were a few instances of more strange values and unfamiliar questions. (+8)

For my thoughts on the Semester A Finals, click here (http://alwayssecondfromtheright.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-come-back.html)



Semester B Final Examinations
The grand finale.
30.05.2011 - 03.05.2011




No comments:

Post a Comment