Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Veiled Sun.





Spontaneous, totally improvised. Unplanned. Adaptive.

That's how us Wingmen roll. Kevin, Joshua, Muhaimin and I just don't think that far ahead. Whenever we try, we just disappoint ourselves and succumb to our inner nature of escaping the inside of the box.

Kevin organised this outing yesterday for Cherise; mostly for Cherise.

She's flying South this Saturday, if you don't know already, and if you're reading this Octopus: "Safe travels. :)"

Popped through one of the Curve's many entrances, and almost instinctively went straight into BORDERS.

Being there early and knowing no one would be here until 45 minutes later, I needed something to do. Something to occupy myself with.

After finding BORDERS selection of books typically unnew, I decided I'd walk over to Popular on the other end of the road to see if there was anything of particular interest.

On my trotting way, I was hoping I'd see at least one familiar face down the halls -- was disappointed in the end though.

Another big thought that was rolling in my head was whether I should buy this game, ModNation Racers, at the store right opposite the Popular bookstore.




It's this game that's sort of like the classical Mario Kart Racers, but with a whole new idea tossed in. You essentially "Play, Create & Share", exactly how Sony Entertainment puts it. You really design and build your character, kart and track. Complete creative freedom.

See, none of the video-game outlets in KL (at least the ones I've visited) seemed to receive a stock for it. Plus here's a little tip from me: When a shopkeeper says, "Oh, it's out of stock already" they actually mean, "Oh, I've never heard of what you said of before and probably will not again until a couple of week later."

Giving it some thought, I popped into Popular, grabbed the latest issue of EMPIRE and began reading about Inception; a film I think will just not raise the bar but run it through a wood chipper, douse the remaining sawdust in nitroglycerin and set it on fire.

Before I could decide on whether I should spend RM215 on a video-game, Keevin called. "Check if there are still tickets for Eclipse," he told me. So checked I did.

There was barely anyone there at Cineleisure, didn't expect anyone to be there actually. It was a school day, and it was just after 6:00PM.

Long story short, we got the tickets and everyone was here except Joshua.

We still had his ticket but no way to get it to him. We decided, we'll pop out through the film to get him in. You can tell our anticipation for the film wasn't die hard; thus mostly for Cherise.

Probably the only initial motivator for Muhaimin and I was seeing Alice again. Oh, yeah. *deepsigh

So Eclipse.


"Doesn't he own a shirt?"
- Edward to Bella, when seeing Jacob


Well it's definitely much better than the two previous films -- but the previous two didn't really pose much of a challenge to top. The action scenes were definitely better, I mean they got Muhaimin throwing jabs in his seat.

I thought the songs they chose to compliment the scenes were pretty good, but when I got the soundtrack I only really stuck to two of them.

Joshua got in the later part of the film, but I have no idea how. Didn't even see Kevin leave his seat. About sometime after he got in, he fell asleep. That said, you probably might wanna choose him to recap the film for you.

When the credits started rolling, all of us were standing up giving standing ovations. No idea whether that was for "Great improvement!" or "WTF? It ended? YES!"

Min and I went straight for the bathroom, and it was to be the first time we were in the Premiere Class Bathrooms.

They have a mirror that's a television screen that's motion sensored. Guess it's a marketing scam.

They even played soothing acoustic music. Min asked me to guess who was playing the music. I replied naturally with, "Who?" "Me," he said. I turned to him and he was facing the standingpeeplace smiling.

Strangely, all of us were wearing really formal shirts. Heh.

We went to Marche's afterwards and this really fancy place didn't allow you take photographs.

Being the model citizens we were, we took a video instead:




Link on YouTube: here

You can blame Joshua's stubby fingers for blocking part of the camera and the microphone.

We left with a picture that Muhaimin has yet to upload.

Then, the Teoh's picked me up.

I've known this family for about a decade, more than half of my life, and it wasn't who you expected it to be. In the driver's seat was Jason Teoh, riding shotgun was Jamie and Jiah Sze (Jessie) on the passenger.

A history lesson: Jiah Sze was my second best friend, ever. Jason, the third.

We went back to my place, and I introduced them to Rayne. Rayne absolutely loves Jamie for some reason, but he wasn't as hyper as I thought he'd be.

We went for a nice hour walk under the stars, and returned to the television to watch (500) Days of Summer. But before it could end, they had to leave.

It was nice to catch up with them.

Now onto Friday for CIS Commencements 2009/2010!



Inception
The dream is real.
15.07.2010





No comments:

Post a Comment