Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh, Poo.





Yep, that's right. I'm still using my Cempaka Schools exercise books for writing down those pesky college materials.

Currently, I'm in the middle of my Foundation Studies first Mid-Semester Exam. This is slightly different from the exams I sat in for High School, mostly due to the fact that I have classes in between exam dates. Plus rather reach school at the exact same time each day, I've got to leave the house at different times each morning to arrive on time.

It's different, no doubt, but nothing I can't handle.

If you missed my first exam review, here's how it's going to go down:

Papers will be reviewed from my own account from 0 (WTF?) to 10 (Masterful) for you to get a better understanding of how well I thought the papers were (based mostly on length, time allocation, question variation, experience), not how simply by how easy it was.

LAST UPDATE: November 5, 2010 10:40PM

Subjects:
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
General Mathematics

• Week 1:
- Day 1 (Monday): Chemistry A & General Mathematics A - Chemistry turned out to be a pretty good paper with few surprises and difficulties; I was expecting something much more challenging. The Math paper, on the other hand, served me my backside. Despite the "basic" topics it covered, it managed to bring out tricky questions and weird numbers for solutions. Although I managed to scribble equations into every space before the time ran out, I'm not so sure if I did well. Being one of the few who thought the paper was a head-scratcher was also unfortunate. (+8.5, +4.5)
- Day 2 (Wednesday): English Language Classes - Went to the library today to learn researching, paraphrasing and referencing skills. I still find the idea of having classes in between exam dates to be weird but the information I got from this class will probably be very valuable especially when I get into university.
Day 3 (Thursday): Biology A - Beautiful paper. The kind of paper where if you study hard, you've got it under wraps. Nothing too surprising, varied and the topics that were used have been covered. (+9)
Day 4 (Friday): Physics A & English Class - This paper was by far the hardest paper in this exam. Everyone's getting different answers (except the one where we all got 1km), toss a few strange numbers in and you've got this paper. Managed to fill in all the blanks (even used an unorthodox method for that tension question), so the past is in the past. English class was normal, filled with singing and communication. Oh, and HAPPY DEEPAVALI all! (+6.5)

For my thoughts on the IGCSE Papers (& Driving Exam) this year, simply click here
(http://alwayssecondfromtheright.blogspot.com/2010/05/ere-sun-rises.html)




RMIT Mid-Semester Examinations Sept-Intake 2010
Foundation Studies Science, Engineering & Technology
01.11.2010 - 05.11.2010



Call of Duty: Black Ops
"Breathless & amazing"
- Yahoo!

09.11.2010




No comments:

Post a Comment