Friday, June 4, 2010

Musicality.



*image belongs to Cempaka Schools



"Step into the world of Broadway's modern classic as CEMPAKA BOX OFFICE PRODUCTION proudly brings you its version of Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.

Following the past successes of Fame and West Side Story, this latest addition is set to thrill Malaysian audiences this June!

A heartwarming tale of a loving daughter-Belle, who sacrifices her freedom for the release of her father from the hands of a cruel beast. Soon, Belle finds herself falling in love with the Beast despite his ugliness and breaks the curse to transform him back into a handsome prince. A must watch family theatre which has enthralled Broadway audiences for over 13 years. This 'tale as old as time' features wonderful songs by Alan Menken, Tim Rice and the late Howard Ashman, will bring back nostalgic memories. Complemented with fine costumes and elaborate props which are sure to take your breath away. A jaw-dropping performance not to be missed."


That's the official breakdown from Cempaka Schools, but I'd like to add to that with my personal take on the matter.

I've watched the very first two productions. These both introduced me to Cempaka and a year after We Will Rock You I found myself studying in Cempaka Cheras.

In that very year, I found myself attached to the project The Witches of Oz (Wicked Cempaka-Style). It was the greatest experience I've ever had. Because of that, I ended up participating in every production since until 2009.

They say every year the production gets bigger, badder and bolder.

I've been on the outside and on the inside. Trust me when I say they will deliver this year. Most of the crew and cast this year are fresh but there are exceptionally brilliant players backstage this year. Surprised, you will not be.

If you're in the production, break a leg.
If you're watching the production, I'm watching on the 13th
If you haven't already bought your tickets, I don't know why you're still reading this.

Check out the deets below, and I'll see you there.

Peace out & reinvent love.



Venue: North Hall, Cempaka Schools Cheras Campus

Dates:
• 04 | 05 | 06 June
• 11 | 12 | 13 June

Time: 07:30PM

Ticket Pricing: RM90 | RM 85 | RM70 | RM55

Purchase Online @ www.epayment.cempaka.my/

Enquiries:
• + 603 - 9076 8400 (Cempaka Cheras)
• + 603 - 2093 1740 (Cempaka Damansara)
www.cempaka.edu.my/beauty&thebeast
• Location map: www.cempaka.edu.my/cheras_html/map




No comments:

Post a Comment